Our gala awards ceremony on 24 May 2017 was a huge success and we’re now in a position to announce our Finnie award winners.
Guests were welcomed into Madame Tussauds at Sydney’s Darling Harbour by an amazing Drum Circle performance and had a fun night celebrating the outstanding achievements of fintech in Australia.
Global FinTech Leader of the Year award
As part of the Finnies, we’ve now opened voting for our Global FinTech Leader of the Year award. This award recognises an individual from the Global FinTech community who has demonstrated a commitment to innovation that directly and positively impacts Australia, and also improves the delivery of a financial service to businesses or consumers using technology.
FinTech has nominated three people for this award:
To find out more information about these candidates, please click here.
To vote in our Twitter poll, please go to our Twitter page. Voting closes 10pm Friday AEST.
Categories (30 categories in total)
People, Culture and Talent (6 awards)
- Best Fintech place to work
- Best Workplace Diversity
- Marketing Campaign/Branding Initiative of the Year
- Emerging Fintech Leader of the Year
- Female Fintech Leader of the Year
- Male FinTech Leader of the Year
Growth Mindset and Global Perspective (5 awards)
- Excellence in Establishing Market Presence: Australia
- Excellence in Establishing Market Presence: Global
- Excellence in Industry Collaboration & Partnerships (Australia)
- Excellence in Industry Collaboration & Partnerships (Overseas)
- Global FinTech Leader of the Year (Aspirational – cannot self nominate and must be a FinTech leader, local or OS, whose company has an international presence)
Excellence in Business (19 awards)
- Excellence in Business Lending
- Excellence in Consumer Lending
- Excellence in P2P Lending
- Excellence in Crowdfunding
- Excellence in Payments (including Remittance/FX)
- Excellence in Digital Currencies/Wallets/Exchanges
- Excellence in Blockchain/Distributed Ledger
- Excellence in Cyber Security
- Excellence in Insurtech
- Excellence in Data/AI Solutions
- Excellence in Regtech/Risk Management
- Excellence in Wealth Management (including PFM and Robo)
- Excellence in Asset Management & Trading
- Excellence in Financial Inclusion (Social Good)
- Excellence in FinTech support services
- Best Co-Working space (national)
- Best Investment Firm (VC, Accelerator, Family Office etc)
- Emerging FinTech Organisation of the year (company must be FinTech Organisation of the Year