Austrade is seeking expression of interest for a potential mission to Fintegrate Zone 2019, organised by eminent Indian Startup accelerator Zonestartups India, 25th February-1st March, 2019. You are invited to express your interest in this great opportunity.
This is a great time to explore the fintech opportunity in India. India’s Fintech software market is expected to double from a current USD 1.2 Billion to 2.4 Billion by 2020 (NASSCOM forecast). This is attributed to rising consumer demands and expectations, rising E-Commerce and smartphone penetration.
- Central and State governments have pushed for mass financial inclusion and innovation, in order to link the population into a more inclusive and efficient financial, economic and digital space.
- Regional regulatory sandboxes and Fintech associations have also been continually set up to lend substantial support for the thriving Fintech industry, which will only grow to new heights on the back of India’s overall robust economy.
The above has seen rising investments and innovation in various Fintech hubs, including the likes of Vizag, Mumbai and Bangalore.
- Fintegrate focusses on the future of technology in financial services within India and beyond its borders. It is one of India’s largest thought leadership conferences – a combination of conference tracks, workshops, meetups, CXO Roundtables, startup exhibits and demo nights. It commenced in 2017 to bring all the stakeholders from financial services together under one roof.
- Fintegrate 2019 will bring together a host of banking, financial services and insurance stakeholders from banks, end users, investors, and startups. The major areas covered will be Data Analysis/P2P Lending/Payments/KYC/Machine Learning/Robo advisory/Wallet/Wealth management/Fraud prevention/Blockchain/Data Collection/Chatbots/AI.
- Zonestartups India, the organising Incubator, is supported officially by the Indian Government’s Department of Science and Technology.
- With 18 different conference tracks, the 2018 edition saw 50 Indian and 9 international fintech startup booths, 390 B2B meetings, 74 investor meetings and 300 corporates participating.
- Zonestartups is the only Accelerator with official backing from the Indian Government’s Ministry of Science and Technology. The event is one of the largest Fintech-specific gathering all major Indian stakeholders of the industry.
- International Fintech startups/entities have the option to apply for speaking slots and showcasing booths at the event. Both are free of cost and based on merit- if interested, please get in touch with Leo.Bremanis@austrade.gov.au
For reference, the 4 major verticals at the 2018 3-day conference included:
- Interactions with a curated list of the top 50 Indian fintech startups, seeking to meet potential clients and corporates across banking, insurance, financial services.
- 18 conference tracks ranging across banking, insurance, financial services, financial markets, financial technologies, financial inclusion, data analysis, partnerships and 107 speakers from across the globe. Other tracks included Insurtech, the role of Government, the future of payments, big data, Blockchain and more.
- Several ‘zones’ including a B2B Zone, with startups interacting face to face with large corporates (participating firms included Yes Bank, Accenture, Yes Bank, L&T, BCG, Microsoft, IDFC Bank, DCB, Adani Finserv); an Investor Zone involving a number of VCs and Pes; a showcase zone with Video/stage/booths showcasing innovative fintech entities.
- Workshops organised to provide insight into niche domains and enable participants to learn and build innovative Fintech solutions.
- Website: http://fintegrate.zone/
Outside of the Fintegrate conference in Mumbai, delegates will have the opportunity to join an additional supplementary program, to meet various key stakeholders within financial services in India and beyond on a curated supplementary program, through programming in Mumbai, New Delhi and Bangalore.
- Outside of the 3-day Fintegrate conference, participants will meet potential customers and contacts through tailored one-on-one appointments in Mumbai.
- Clients to meet with key Mumbai-based BFSI and fintech stakeholders to understand the strategic and commercial opportunities for Australian Fintech companies in India. This is a chance to learn about market access, entry and expansion strategies for India. Participants will also have the opportunity to meet with major Indian banks in Mumbai, along with their innovative fintech programs. Examples include ICICI bank’s fintech program, as well as Barclay’s RISE accelerator.
- Introduction to Maharashtra State’s Fintech Hub to understand the State Government push to support the Fintech Startup ecosystem further and register for the State’s Fintech registry.
- Major Corporates and IT integrators based in Mumbai include 3i Infotech, L&T Infotech, Oracle financial services software ltd, Tata Consultancy Services, Rolta, and Hexaware. Introduction to other leading Fintech incubators, a mixture of bank-backed and standalone entities: Reliance Gennext/Startupbootcamp India/Yes Fintech/DICE Fintech Ace.
- Participants will meet potential customers and contacts at tailored one-on-one appointments in Delhi. This includes opportunities to meet Indian IT companies like HCL Technologies, Tech Mahindra, Polaris Group, NIIT Technologies, Birlasoft and others.
- Meetings with key Government stakeholders (NITI Aayog, Invest India) and industry body NASSCOM to understand the strategic and commercial opportunities for Australian Fintech companies in India. Learn about Government policies and various Government programs.
- Participants will have the opportunity to meet with major Indian banks based out of Delhi/NCR and accelerators/ incubators operating in this space.
- Participants will meet potential customers and contacts at tailored one-on-one appointments in Bangalore. Opportunity to meet large Indian IT companies like Infosys, Wipro, Cognizant and Mindtree.
- Opportunity to meet NASSCOM 10000 Startups, an initiative by one of the most active industry bodies NASSCOM (https://www.nasscom.in/)
- Opportunity to meet with other major accelerators/incubators operating in this space.
*Dates in each city subject to change as per interest of companies who submit EOIs. The central Fintegrate conference is on 27 Feb/28 Feb/1 March. If interested in only the Fintegrate Program in Mumbai, do let us know.
Benefits for Australian Fintech companies attending:
- Opportune platform to meet a plethora of IT companies, leading Indian corporates, banks, insurance companies and end users of financial technology solutions. Various showcasing platforms allow for generating awareness of your fintech solutions.
- Understand the regulatory environment in India and interact with policy makers and local Government representatives.
- Opportunity to meet a host of Indian investors, as well as to meet with the brightest Indian fintech startups and entities.
- Fintegrate is an opportunity to learn from and meet other foreign Fintech entities who have successfully entered the Indian market.
Cost of attendance
- AUD $1,650 per entity, which includes Fintegrate attendance, business matching and entire supplementary program. Accommodation and domestic/international transport costs are at delegates’ expense.
- For firms interested in only attending Fintegrate with Austrade’s assistance around the event and not taking part in the supplementary program, the cost will be AUD $550 per entity. Accommodation and domestic/international transport costs are at delegates’ expense.
Places on this mission are very limited. To express your interest in this opportunity, please contact Leo Bremanis, Trade & Investment Adviser, Fintech, at Leo.Bremanis@austrade.gov.au
EOIs close COB AEST on Monday 28 January 2019